Friday 14 March 2014

Semi-soft Goats cheese, reprise...

Well that didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I think my rennet was bad so it didn't set as well as I would have liked and the yield was therefore smaller than i wanted. So there wasn't enough to serve to everybody at the event. But I did get a couple of nice rounds for the high table AND put in the rest as part of the A&S comp for the night (theme was Love and Warre, I put the cheese in 'because I love cheese' :) ).

Here's some pics of the cheese in the moulds and how much whey drained out.






You can see how much they shrank.

I moulded the rounds that were just too small or badly shaped into a heart shaped cake tin (lined with cheese cloth) for the A&S entry. Edged it with dill and a half cherry/dill sprig arrow.

This pic is after it had sat out a little while for judging so it is looking a little sad lol

Very annoyed with myself for not getting a photo of the actual dressed cheese for presentation to the high table. But these are the two rounds I used. I basically dressed then up to look like little boobies :D

So whilst a little disappointing that I couldn't get enough to put on all the tables, was fun to do. I made a big batch of chive quark as a substitute (had time for making quark but not more of the goats) which always goes down a treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment