Thursday 22 May 2014

Yesterday I joined the darkside...

Well, kind of. Yesterday I did my first ever attempt at some thread based embroidery (not bead embroidery not tambour embroidery!). Shocking I know. But I think the project I have in mind does need it so I need to suck it up and get it done! :)





Nothing wonderful or even shockingly out of left field. Just some basic chain stitch. I did a little trial piece before I attacked my actual project test piece. Simple grey sewing cotton (doubled over). I did a little more of it after I had taken this pic to play with the sizes of the loops etc.






This is the project tester. The bugle beads are 6mm just for sizing. Need to work on the 'circle' in the centre a little, but looks pretty good to me. Definitely needed the chain stitch around the outside as a border. A little daunted that I might have to sew about one hundred of them though :D But projects always seem to be go big or go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment